organized by the Nordic Network for Comics Research in cooperation with the University of Oslo, The Norwegian Research Council, and Oslo Comics Expo
11-12 June 2015
We invite proposals for presentations on the conference theme in any discipline in the human and social sciences.
Potential topics (though of course these are only suggestions):
- Representations of war and conflict in any historical and national context
- Comics and propaganda
- Comics and trauma, witnessing, spectatorship
- Comics and human rights
- Comics and the rhetorics of justice
- Migration in connection to war and conflict in comics
- Superheroes, war, and conflict
- Psychological and internal structures of war conflict in comics
Please submit an abstract (max 500 words) in English for a twenty-minute presentation. The abstracts should be e-mailed to Rebecca Scherr at email@example.com by February 15th, 2015. Please include your title and institutional affiliation(s). Selected participants will be informed by March 15th, 2015.
The Oslo Comics Expo will also be the weekend of June 11-13th.