Conference of the Popular Culture Association and American Culture Association
Louisiana, United States
1. bis 4. April 2015
Stichtag: 1. November 2014
The Animation Area of the Popular Culture Association seeks individual-papers and panel proposals for presentation at the National Conference of the Popular Culture Association and American Culture Association. Proposal which consider the diversity of animation in relation to popular culture are welcomed.
Possible themes for papers/panels include but are not restricted to:
- Animated adaptations
- comics and animation
- public information
- animated television series
- animation for education
- animation aesthetics
- gender issues
- animation studios
- online animation
- South Park
- the work of Matt Groening
- CGI/animated special effects
Interested individuals are asked to submit an abstract of no more than 250 words (including presentation title) and complete contact information (name, institutional affiliation, mail and e-mail addresses, and contact telephone number).
Panel proposals of 4 speakers and/or discussion panels of 4-6 participants each are also encouraged.
Please include the following:
- Panel title
- Name and contact information for the Panel Chair
- Titles and abstracts of each paper
- Contact information for each presenter
All presenters must be members of the PCA and must register for the conference.
Here is the schedule of deadlines and pertinent dates:
- July 1, 2014 Database Opens for Submissions
- September 1, 2014 Registration Opens
- November 1, 2014 Deadline for Paper Proposals
- December 15, 2015 Early Bird Registration Rate Ends
- January 15, 2015 “Drop Dead” Date: Participants Not Registered Removed from Program
- April 1-4, 2015 Conference – New Orleans!
Please send all inquires to:
David S. Silverman
Kansas Wesleyan University
Salina, KS 67401
(785) 827-5541 ext. 5227
Visit the website at http://pcaaca.org