August 29 - September 9, 2017
The international summer school [sic!] at Cologne, a joint venture of Cologne Universtiy and Northwestern University, will be offering a class on Visual Culture this year for the first time. One of its main focuses will be on comics.
We invite graduate and postgraduate students from Area Studies, Art History, Classics, Communication, Cultural Studies, Dance, English, Film, German, Japa- nese Literature, History, Literary Studies, Media, Music, Performance, Sound, Theatre, and related fields to apply for this international interdisciplinary program. (All sessions will be conducted in English.) Participants and faculty of [sic!] 2017 will explore perspectives on the topic belief/believe through three themed seminars:
- Sound Media
- Visual Narration
Each seminar will be led by a pair of scholars from Northwestern University (Evanston, USA) and the University of Cologne (Germany). In addition to the seminars, [sic!] offers interdisciplinary academic workshops that allow for a dialogue with participants from across the seminars. Each participant enrolls in one seminar and one workshop, thus composing an individual study program. Seminars and workshops are enhanced by excursions, lectures by alumni, poster presentations by students, and social gatherings. The University of Cologne assists participants in identifying accommodation and with other basic logistics.
- Topic: Belief/Believe
- 29 August – 9 September 2017
- Location: Theaterwissenschaftliche Sammlung, University of Cologne
- Deadline for applications: 1 March 2017
- Open to graduate students (master’s and PhD)
- Fee: 200.00 Euro, reduced fee for Cologne students: 70.00 Euro
- The fee covers lunches, excursions as well as snacks, and coffee at [sic!].
- You will find the application form, a preliminary timetable and more information on http://sic.uni-koeln.de
- Please feel free to contact the coordinator Sascha Förster: firstname.lastname@example.org