Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch, St. Louis, Missouri
October 18 - 22, 2017
The Asian and Asian American Culture Area of the Midwest Popular Culture Association/ Midwest American Culture Association is now accepting proposals for its upcoming Conference in October 2017.
Proposals will be accepted from any area relating to Asian and Asian American cultures. Potential topics could include, but are not limited to:
- Representations in film, TV, comics, etc.
- Whitewashing, racebending, and erasure
- Cultural appropriation
- Otaku culture, anime, manga, gaming
- Music (K-pop, J-pop, etc.)
- Bollywood, Hong Kong films, Korean films, etc.
- TV series (Fresh Off the Boat, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Quantico, Scorpion, Hawaii Five-O, K-dramas, etc.)
- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Originals (Marco Polo, Iron Fist, Sense8, Master of None, etc.)
Please upload 250-word abstract proposals to the Asian and Asian American Culture area at http://submissions.mpcaaca.org. Please include name, affiliation, and e-mail address with the 250-word abstract.
Questions? Please email Mark Martell at MMARTELL@uic.edu.
More information about the conference can be found at http://www.mpcaaca.org/
Please note the availability of graduate student travel grants: http://mpcaaca.org/conference/travel-grants/