Editors: Jan Baetens, Anneleen Masschelein, Hilde Van Gelder (Faculty of Arts, KU Leuven)
Lewis Trondheim is today in France one of the most creative authors in the bande dessinée world. He has produced more than 50 books, alone and in collaboration with other authors, covering almost all topics and genres and in all possibles formats. He might also be the most translated contemporary French comics author in English. Moreover, he has been and continues to be a main actor in challenging the publishing establishment and anti-establishment through his role in L’Association and beyond.
Surprisingly however, no one full academic book nor any special issue has been published on his work, and very few book chapters and articles are available on this topic. For this special issue, we are looking for contributions by bande dessinée specialists on his work and role in the French comics world, in English or in French.
- Abstract : between 400 and 500 words (clearly stating the topic and methodology and with a brief bio-bibliographical résumé).
- Deadline for the abstract : Feb. 1st, 2018
- Reply from the co-editors : Feb. 28, 2018
- Deadline for the complete article : June 30, 2018
- Publication date : mid-2019
- To be sent to : Chris Reyns-Chikuma : email@example.com & David Pinho Barros : firstname.lastname@example.org