Kutztown University’s English department
Editors: Dr. Curt Herr & Dr. Anne DeLong
The Journal of Dracula Studies is accepting submissions for a 2020 Special Issue focusing on witches and witchcraft. Papers may examine the figure of the witch and/or the practice of witchcraft in literature, film, folklore, and popular culture. Possible topics include the following:
- witches, wizards, warlocks, cunning folk
- magic and magical practices
- hexing and spell casting
- witches throughout history
- witch hunts and witch trials
- witchcraft and feminism
- witchcraft and New Age spirituality
- witchcraft and political activism
- witchcraft and spiritualism: seances, spirit communication
- culturally diverse witchcraft practices: Voodoo, conjure, pow wow, etc.
- depictions of witches and witchcraft in film, television, and popular culture
Kutztown University’s English department recently acquired the Journal of Dracula Studies, formerly published by the Transylvanian Society of Dracula (Canadian Chapter) and edited by Prof. em. Elizabeth Miller. This peer-reviewed academic journal is published yearly and features scholarly articles from around the world on Bram Stoker, Dracula, and depictions of vampires in folklore, fiction, film and popular culture.
Editors: Dr. Curt Herr & Dr. Anne DeLong at Kutztown University, Pennsylvania
Submissions are due by January 1, 2020.
Email for submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org