February 23 - 24, 2018
The Michigan State University Comics Forum seeks proposals for presentations, which may include but are not limited to:
- Each presenter will have 15 minutes to discuss his/her topic along with 5 minutes for questions
- Presenters will be grouped with other participants into a panel
- Will run for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Must include at least 3 presenters
- Presenters must discuss similar or connected topics
- Those proposing a panel are responsible for finding their own panel session members
- Will run for 1 hour
- Must include at least 3 participants
- Presenters must discuss one specific topic
- Those proposing a roundtable are responsible for finding their own session members
Submissions from a broad range of disciplines are encouraged; however, presentations must be focused on the medium of comics. The MSU Comics Forum is seeking a multitude of perspectives that represent the diversity of comics and the medium’s social, literary, artistic, and theoretical contexts.
Individual submissions require a 250-word (maximum) abstract of the topic as well as name and affiliation. Panel sessions require one 250-word abstract for the overarching topic and a unique abstract for each presenter’s specific topic, including name and affiliation, e-mailed together. Roundtable proposals should include a 250-word abstract that includes an explanation of the topic and the names and affiliations of the participants.
Due to the visual nature of the comics medium and diverse community engagement in the Forum, we ask that all presentations integrate visual content. Panel presentations should be .ppt, slides, .pdf, or .presi, and on USB or accessible online
Proposals are due December 10, 2017 by 11:59 PM EST
Please submit proposals to the 2018 MSU Comics Forum Panel Coordinator, Zack Kruse, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenters will be notified of acceptance by December 22, 2017.
For more information visit comicsforum.msu.edu