L’avventura. International Journal of Italian Film and Media Landscapes aims at positioning itself at the heart of the contemporary debate on Italian visual and media culture, its history and its present characteristics. The journal is rated Class A by the Italian national agency for the evaluation of the university and research system (ANVUR).
The journal’s main areas of interest include:
- Patterns, styles, figures: the evolution of styles and patterns, themes and narratives; the relationship between film and other art and communication practices; modes of production and industrial forms.
- Archive: film and media archives, as much as oral sources.
- Differences: local, national, gender and generational identities as shaped and moulded in cinema and media discourse.
- Spectatorship: reception and audience studies within the Italian context, or related to the Italian media products circulating abroad.
- Camera: the history and present of Italian photography, as related to visual and media culture.
- Contemporary tale: a fresh look onto contemporary narrative patterns within Italian media production.
Please send your abstract to email@example.com. Abstracts should be between 300 and 400 words and can be submitted in English or in Italian. The proposal shall include: 5 keywords, main bibliographical references, author/s, institution, contacts (e-mail, telephone), together with a short curriculum for each author.
If the proposal is accepted, the author/s will be asked to submit the whole article. Essay must be formatted according to il Mulino style guidelines (https://www.mulino.it/riviste/issn/2421-6496).
Contributions will be sent to two independent reviewers in a double-blind procedure prior to publication decision. Authors could be requested to change or improve their articles when suggested by reviewers.
Articles should be between 5,000-6,000 words in length (no more than 40,000 characters, spaces and notes included), but shorter articles will be considered.
Deadline for abstract proposal: May 31, 2020
Full essay due by: July 15, 2020